Do you ever think you're the only one making any sense? Or tried to reason with your partner with disastrous results? Do long, rambling answers drive you crazy? Or does your colleague's abrasive manner get your back up?
You are not alone. After a disastrous meeting with a highly successful entrepreneur, who was genuinely convinced he was 'surrounded by idiots',
Table of Contents:
Introduction: The Man Who Was Surrounded by Idiots
1. Communication Happens on the Listener’s Terms
2. Why Are We the Way We Are?
3. An Introduction to the System
4. Red Behavior: How to Recognize a Real Alpha and Avoid Getting in His Way
5. Yellow Behavior: How to Recognize Someone Whose Head Is in the Clouds and Get Him Back to Reality Again
6. Green Behavior: Why Change Is So Difficult and How to Get Around It
7. Blue Behavior: In Pursuit of Perfection
8. No One Is Completely Perfect: Strengths and Weaknesses 9. Learning New Things: How to Use What You’ve Learned
10. Body Language: Why How You Move Matters: How Do You Really Look?
11. A Real-Life Example: The Company Party—How to Understand Everyone You Meet
12. Adaptation: How to Handle Idiots (i.e., Everyone Who Isn’t like You)
13. How to Deliver Really Bad News: The Challenge of Speaking Your Mind
14. Who Gets Along and Why It Works: Group Dynamics at Their Finest
15. Written Communication: How to Evaluate Someone When You Can’t Meet in Person
16. What Makes Us as Mad as Hell?: Temperament Can Reveal Everything About a Person
17. Stress Factors and Energy Thieves: What Is Stress?
18. A Short Reflection Through History: People Have Always
Been like This
19. Voices from Real Life
20. A Quick Little Quiz to See What You’ve Learned
21. A Final Example from Everyday Life: Perhaps the Most Enlightening Team Project in the History of the World
By Thomas Erikson